Re: connection pooling exception

From: Chris <chris.lo_at_cyberwisdom.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 20:17:02 +0800

One more question, what will happen for the new request if all connection were used up in the pool? Waiting or thrown exception? Thanks

Chris

> Hi,
>
> I am using java servlet and Oracle 8.1.6 database. I used the
> OracleConnectionCacheImpl class to achieve connection pooling. However,
> sometimes the application server will output the following exception. Is
it
> becase that the pool is used up for any other reason? Any other better
> practice to do connection pooling using servlet?
>
> Thanks.
> Chris
>
> Exception:
> -----------
> <2001-12-1 12:45:23> <Error> <HTTP>
> <[WebAppServletContext(661879,DefaultWebApp_wbserver)]
> Servlet failed with Exception
> java.util.EmptyStackException
> at java.util.Stack.peek(Stack.java:82)
> at java.util.Stack.pop(Stack.java:64)
> at

oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionCacheImpl.getConnection(OracleConnectionCac
> heImpl.java:183)
> at

oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionCacheImpl.getConnection(OracleConnectionCac
> heImpl.java:157)
> at cwSQL.openDB(cwSQL.java:153)
> at aeAction.service(aeAction.java:101)
> at

> :213)
> at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletCo
> ntext.java:1265)
> at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java
> :1631)
> at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)
> at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:120)
>

> Servlet class cwSQL Source Code :
> ---------------------------------------
> public class cwSQL
> {
> private static OracleConnectionCacheImpl ods = null;
>
> public void cwSQL() {;}
>
> public Connection openDB() {
> if (ods == null) {
> // Create a OracleConnectionPoolDataSource as an
factory
> // of PooledConnections for the Cache to create.
> OracleConnectionPoolDataSource ocpds =
> new
> OracleConnectionPoolDataSource();
> ocpds.setURL("jdbc:oracle:thin:@"+ dbHost + ":" +