Re: How can I find out what's filling up my rollback segment?

From: Chris Leonard <chris_at_databaseguy.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 20:37:09 -0600

First, a word of clarification. My interpretation of your original post is different than that of the other replies. If you just want to know which RBS is blowing up, or what the extents in each RBS are, then the other replies are giving you good advice, so go with those. My query, on the other hand, will show you the non-RBS objects (tables, clusters, etc.) that are locked by current transactions that are allocating RBS space from a particular RBS. If *this* is what you want to know, then proceed with my script.

I apologize for not explaining the prompt. The USN that you are prompted for is a rollback segment number ("Undo Segment Number") that you can get from the segment_id column in dba_rollback_segs or the USN column in v$rollstat or v$rollname.

I hope this helps - let me know if you have more questions.

Best regards,
Chris

Chris Leonard
The Database Guy at PPI
MCSE, MCDBA, MCT, OCP, CIW
Productivity Point International
dba_at_propoint.com / 319.398.7099

In comp.databases.oracle.server you write:

>**** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****

>Maybe something like this would help you out:

>select * from dba_dml_locks
>where session_id in
>(select sid from v$session s, v$transaction t
> where s.saddr = t.ses_addr
> and t.xidusn = &usn);

Thanks, I ran the perpetory script, and it seemed to go well, but when I run your query it promp't me for a usm, what's it looking for? rollback sgement name? tablepsce name?

neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin