Re: Connect internal Problem, please help

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 06:47:22 +1100

Look in sqlnet.ora. SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION needs to be set to NONE, if memory serves, if you are attempting to use a password file. If it's set to NTS, it's attempting authorisation via the NT users and groups.

Don't connect INTERNAL. It's deprecated from 8.0 upwards, and disappears in 9i. Switch to the functionally equivalent 'connect sys/oracle AS SYSDBA'. At least that's supported and has a future.

For that same reason, to change the internal password, you simply change SYS's password. Alter user sys identified by blah; will do it.

Regards
HJR

--
Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com