help please with create database error

From: stevek <stefano1_at_att.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 01:37:47 GMT

Trying to create a new database and continue to get the below error.

ORA-01501: CREATE DATABASE failed ORA-01990: error opening password file '/u01/oracle/OraHome1/dbs/orapw'

looked up in Oracle manual which states

ORA-01990 error opening password file 'string' Cause: An attempt to open the specified password file failed because of one of
the following errors:
n An operating system error occurred.
n ORAPWD is already running, so the password file is locked. The environment variables ORA_sid_PWFILE and ORA_PWFILE are not set.

Set both variables without any success. How do I tell oracle that I would like
orapw or oradev1pw placed someplace other than Oracle_Home/dbs/?

Thanks in advance Received on Thu Nov 29 2001 - 19:37:47 CST