8.1.7 install : how to force oraInventory path?

From: surabaia <surabaia_at_usa.net>
Date: 29 Nov 2001 11:45:17 -0800

Installing 8.1.7 on Solaris 5.6. I have defined my own user (orauser) and group (oragroup). Everything works fine, but the Universal Installer insists that the following nailed directory be used... (Note that I do not have any "oradba" Unix account).

/export/home0/oradba/oraInventory

Is there a way of forcing the oraInventory to reside within ORACLE_BASE ? Thank you !!! Received on Thu Nov 29 2001 - 13:45:17 CST