Re: Oracle 9i and PublicRollback Segment

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 05:55:21 +1100

The old system rollback segment still exists, so no, that doesn't need to be hand-created. The undo_tablespace parameter is also dynamic, so no, that doesn't require an Instance bounce to change. And the 'create database' command can also take an 'undo tablespace' clause, and create it as part of database creation, thus giving you automatic undo management 'out of the box'.

Regards
HJR

--
Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com