Re: Recommended RAM for Oracle 9i + 9iAS

From: Klaus Zeuch <nospKZeuch_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 00:24:44 +0100

"Ronny Egner" <RonnyEgner_at_gmx.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3C015656.473609D4_at_gmx.de...
> Hi,
> I'd like to setup up Oracle 9i Portal.
> I do think 1 GB RAM just for testing
> purposes should be enough for the Database
> and the AS.
>
> Or should I use more RAM ???

According to the Oracle 9i by examples series on OTN you currently can't install Oracle Portal in 9i databases (didn't verify that and just followed their recommendation):

"In this module, you will learn how to install an Oracle8i database for use with Oracle9iAS 1.0.2.2. An Oracle8i database must be installed so that you can install Oracle9iAS Portal. In future releases of Oracle9iAS, you will be able to install Oracle9iAS Portal into an Oracle9i database."

Klaus Received on Sun Nov 25 2001 - 17:24:44 CST