Re: Listener in Oracle 8.1.7

From: koert54 <koert54_at_nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 23:17:18 GMT

Sorry Sybrand - I didn't read the first part of your mail - it looked like Oracle documention so I ignored it the first time- it poisons the mind ... and euuuuh I would like to comment on that one ....

> REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE
> Parameter type: String
>
> Syntax: REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE=
>
> {NONE | SHARED | EXCLUSIVE}
>
> Parameter class: Static
>
> Default value: NONE

Default value = NONE - YES correct - that's what the parameter defaults to when you don't set it in the init.ora !!! However starting from Oracle 8.1.5 during an install the parameter REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE is explicitely set to EXCLUSIVE. This was not the case prior to 8i... Can someone confirm this because otherwise I have to logon to metalink again - and that's twice in one day !