Re: ARG! Please answer this.

From: Zafer AKTAN <zafer_at_redshift.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:14:55 -0800

Hi,
I just checked the Oracle Metalink certification page for you.

The 8.0.5 (any patched version) is not certified by Oracle on Redhat linux.

The only certified linux version for 8.0.5.1 server is linux 2.0.33 (but it does not say it is Redhat or Caldera or Suse - does that make any sense)?

If this is a work related installation, I strongly suggest to go with a Oracle certified combination.

As it has happened to me, if you are not in Oracle certification matrix, you can not get any technical support for your platform. Your best bet is to get a copy of Oracle 9i and Redhat 7.1 (one of the certified combinations) and go from there.

Eventhough it is not supported, there might be people out there who uses your particular combination. That does not guarantee that you will not have problems. 8.0.5 server is now officially desupported by Oracle.

regards
Zafer AKTAN
Oracle DBA/Developer
Oracle Master

Chuck Carson wrote in message <5PfK7.241$VK3.141394_at_news.uswest.net>...

>Has anyone, or does anyone know anyone that is running Oracle 8.0.5.1 on
Red