Hot Backup and Offsite Backup System

From: Chet West <chetwest_at_carolina.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 02:51:59 GMT

I am going to have to setup a "Hot Backup" for Oracle 8.1.7 Standard Edition...as well as an offsite copy too (this one does not need to be a hot backup) What would be the best way to do this? Should I run in archive log mode on the primary and have the other two systems in recovery mode all the time? Enterprise Edition is not an option at this point. BTW, the offsite system is going to actually end up in the company owners house...and I am sure he is going to want the ability to log in and run reports against it while at home. Maybe I should consider some form of replication?

Chet West
chet.west_at_pinnaclecm.com Received on Tue Nov 20 2001 - 20:51:59 CST