Re: Installation problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <oradba_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:06:55 +0100

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:37:05 +0000 (UTC), "Enrico Cavallini" <ecavallini_at_libero.it> wrote:

>Hi guys,
>
>I'm new on this NG.
>
>I'm installing Oracle Server 8.1.6 on a PC with Microsoft Windows 2000
>Professional (I'm certifing, so I want to get a trying environment),
>
>but, when I launch setup.exe, jrew.exe runs a few and nothing happen.
>
>What's problem ?
>
>I've read the readme file, but nothing tell me the solution.
>
>Pls, help me !
>
>Many thanks !
>
>Regards, Enrico

1 ) Is that server equipped with a Pentium 4?

a) Yes: this is a known bug
2) Do you have a support contract?
a) Yes: Metalink.oracle.com, the support site has a note with the
resolution
b) No: search the archives of this newsgroup at http://groups.google.com with the keywords Pentium 4 install 3) _Please always_ search the archives before you start posting.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Nov 20 2001 - 12:06:55 CST