Re: ORA-03113 when trying to start more than one db

From: Lionel Mandrake <nobody_at_nospam.nowhere.nohow>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:37:44 GMT

"Night Shade Books" <jasonw_at_nightshadebooks.com> wrote in message news:1CCDEED664A902A5.D648075C8FA7648F.41FB2E43FCFF6DDA_at_lp.airnews.net...
> Howdy all,
>
> I'm on Solaris 2.8, running Oracle 8.1.7.
>
> I'm setting up a new box, and I wanted to migrate all of our various
> development databases from the various boxes they were on to this one box.
>
> So I moved the first one (EBQA817) over, and everything worked fine.
Then
> I moved the second one (EBDEV) over, but when I went into svrmgrl to start
> it up and build a new controlfile, I just kept getting ORA-03113. I
checked
> all the files, and looked at Metalink, but no love. Then I did a google
> search of this group, which said try shutting down the other db first.
>
> So I shut down EBQA817, and then EBDEV came up just fine. I recreated
the
> controlfiles, and went about the business of getting it running. But of
> course now I get an ORA-03113 trying to start up EBQA817.
>
> Any ideas what I need to do here? I'm not posting any init*.ora or
> whatnot to this post, as I don't know what would be helpful in diagnosing
> this. Let me know if there's anything I could post to make this simpler
> figure out.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

This might be relevant...

From MetaLink:

RDBMS Version: 8.1.7.0.0
Operating System and Version: Solaris 2.8 Error Number (if applicable): ora 3113 on startup

[ snip ]

If the problem occurs the workaround is to increase semsys: seminfo_semmns in /etc/system & reboot the machine.

HTH, -LM Received on Thu Nov 15 2001 - 21:37:44 CST