ORA-03113 when trying to start more than one db

From: Night Shade Books <jasonw_at_nightshadebooks.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 19:28:02 -0800

Howdy all,

  I'm on Solaris 2.8, running Oracle 8.1.7.

  I'm setting up a new box, and I wanted to migrate all of our various development databases from the various boxes they were on to this one box.

  So I moved the first one (EBQA817) over, and everything worked fine. Then I moved the second one (EBDEV) over, but when I went into svrmgrl to start it up and build a new controlfile, I just kept getting ORA-03113. I checked all the files, and looked at Metalink, but no love. Then I did a google search of this group, which said try shutting down the other db first.

  So I shut down EBQA817, and then EBDEV came up just fine. I recreated the controlfiles, and went about the business of getting it running. But of course now I get an ORA-03113 trying to start up EBQA817.

  Any ideas what I need to do here? I'm not posting any init*.ora or whatnot to this post, as I don't know what would be helpful in diagnosing this. Let me know if there's anything I could post to make this simpler to figure out.

Thanks,

Jason Received on Thu Nov 15 2001 - 21:28:02 CST