Re: I could not start OracleOraHome81ManagementServer service

From: Ed Stevens <Ed_Stevens_at_nospam.noway.nohow>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 21:44:36 GMT

On 15 Nov 2001 11:16:53 -0800, lzhang_at_opentext.com (Roben Zhang) wrote:

>Ed_Stevens_at_nospam.noway.nohow (Ed Stevens) wrote in message news:<3bf3c8b8.50755642_at_ausnews.austin.ibm.com>...
>> Is the database containing your repository up and running?
>>
>> On 14 Nov 2001 08:39:42 -0800, lzhang_at_opentext.com (Roben Zhang)
>> wrote:
>>
>> >when i tried to start service OracleOraHome81ManagementServer in
>> >Services of control panel, i got message saying:
>> >
>> >Could not start the OracleOraHome81ManagementServer service on
>> >\\IRIMSQAORC2 (that is my oracle server name).
>> >Error 0203: The system could not find the environment option that was
>> >entered.
>> >
>> >From where should i configure that environment option?
>> >
>> >Thanks in advance for your help.
>> >
>> >Roben
>
>After i have created repository through Configuration Assistant of
>Enterprise Manager, I can start service
>OracleOraHome81ManagementServer now.
>
>But when i tried to launch console of Enterprise Manager, i got a
>message saying: "VTK-1002:The Oracle Management Server you are trying
>to connect to is still in the process of initialization. Please wait
>for it to start up completely and then try logging in again."

And after you got that, how long did you wait before trying to log on again? I have noticed that it still takes a little time after NT says the service is running before it is really ready to accept connections.

I have

--
Ed Stevens
(Opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of my employer.)