Re: I could not start OracleOraHome81ManagementServer service

From: Roben Zhang <lzhang_at_opentext.com>
Date: 15 Nov 2001 11:16:53 -0800

Ed_Stevens_at_nospam.noway.nohow (Ed Stevens) wrote in message news:<3bf3c8b8.50755642_at_ausnews.austin.ibm.com>...
> Is the database containing your repository up and running?
>
> On 14 Nov 2001 08:39:42 -0800, lzhang_at_opentext.com (Roben Zhang)
> wrote:
>
> >when i tried to start service OracleOraHome81ManagementServer in
> >Services of control panel, i got message saying:
> >
> >Could not start the OracleOraHome81ManagementServer service on
> >\\IRIMSQAORC2 (that is my oracle server name).
> >Error 0203: The system could not find the environment option that was
> >entered.
> >
> >From where should i configure that environment option?
> >
> >Thanks in advance for your help.
> >
> >Roben

After i have created repository through Configuration Assistant of Enterprise Manager, I can start service
OracleOraHome81ManagementServer now.

But when i tried to launch console of Enterprise Manager, i got a message saying: "VTK-1002:The Oracle Management Server you are trying to connect to is still in the process of initialization. Please wait for it to start up completely and then try logging in again." I have already started Oracle Management Server. I don't know what else i should do before launch to console.

Is that the right place to do database export?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Luping Received on Thu Nov 15 2001 - 13:16:53 CST