Oracle Import Problem

From: Randy Page <randy.page_at_terraverge.com>
Date: 14 Nov 2001 20:16:40 -0800

Hi all,

I am new to Oracle, and am trying to do something I thougt would be rather simple. I have a .dmp file supplied to me by a customer, and I need to import it into Oracle so I can access the data from another database. I am using the Import Wizzard in DBA Studio, but get the following errors when I attempt the import:

LRM-00109: could not open parameter file 'C:/WINNT/TEMP/3380230306.dat'
LRM-00113: error when processing file 'C:/WINNT/TEMP/3380230306.dat'

IMP-00022: failed to process parameters, type 'IMP HELP=Y' for help IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully

The dmp only contains a few tables, and I'm not interested in importing any indexes or other portions of the dmp. I am using 8i on Windows 2000.

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,

Randy
randy.page_at_terraverge.com Received on Wed Nov 14 2001 - 22:16:40 CST