Re: SQL*Net connection problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <oradba_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:02:00 +0100

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:25:16 -0000, "Andy Butland" <andy_at_zoneworldwide.com> wrote:

>Can anyone help with this?
>
>I'm running Oracle 7.3 on NT4, and when I try to connect using SQL*Plus,
>either
>on the same machine or another one, I get the message: "ORA-12203:
>TNS:unable
>to connect to destination"
>
>I've got SQL*Net configured correctly (or rather it's using settings that
>have worked before anyway).
>
>Problem seems to be with the Oracle TNS Listener service. When I start the
>service it runs, but as soon as I try to connect, the connection fails as
>above, and when I look back at the service, it's stopped.
>
>Any pointers gratefully received...and thanks in advance.
>
>Andy

12203 means the node can not be reached or the listener cannot be reached.
You state the service is stopped. Did you investigate using NT's eventlog, or the listener.log or the listener.trc if there are any pertinent messages?
Without that info there is no clue at all to resolve it.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Nov 14 2001 - 10:02:00 CST