SQL*Net connection problem

From: Andy Butland <andy_at_zoneworldwide.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:25:16 -0000

Can anyone help with this?

I'm running Oracle 7.3 on NT4, and when I try to connect using SQL*Plus, either
on the same machine or another one, I get the message: "ORA-12203: TNS:unable
to connect to destination"

I've got SQL*Net configured correctly (or rather it's using settings that have worked before anyway).

Problem seems to be with the Oracle TNS Listener service. When I start the service it runs, but as soon as I try to connect, the connection fails as above, and when I look back at the service, it's stopped.

Any pointers gratefully received...and thanks in advance.

Andy Received on Wed Nov 14 2001 - 09:25:16 CST