Re: oracle 8.1.7 on redhat 7.2

From: <davide_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Nov 2001 13:51:51 GMT

John Anselmo <linuxr_at_home.com> wrote:
> I tried installing oracle 8.1.7 on redhat linux 7.2 i created all the user
> accounts and groups the oracle environement i also have the latest and
> greatest glibc and all the redhat patches, however everytime i run the
> installer nothing happens, any help will be greatly appreciated thanks.

Nothing happens means that you don't receive any error at all, or you receive something that you don't expect ?

Have you run the installer from X (it's a Java gui, so it require X to run) ? And, if you are running it from the CD, the CD have been mount with the 'exec' flag ?

Davide Received on Wed Nov 14 2001 - 07:51:51 CST