Re: oracle 8.1.7 on redhat 7.2

From: Sybrand Bakker <oradba_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 14:54:08 +0100

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:33:12 GMT, "John Anselmo" <linuxr_at_home.com> wrote:

>I tried installing oracle 8.1.7 on redhat linux 7.2 i created all the user
>accounts and groups the oracle environement i also have the latest and
>greatest glibc and all the redhat patches, however everytime i run the
>installer nothing happens, any help will be greatly appreciated thanks.

This is a FAQ so _please_ try to search the archives before posting it for the umpteenth time.

Some results
]

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Oracle+8.1.7+RedHat+7.2+group:comp.databases.oracle.server&hl=en&rnum=4&selm=9rr67n%2455p2%40news.emirates.net.ae

and

See:

  http://jordan.fortwayne.com/oracle/817.html

and

http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/oracle8i/files/READMEglib213.html

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Nov 14 2001 - 07:54:08 CST