Re: The ususal Error 12560

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:02:08 -0000

Marc

Are you (and or jim) administering the box using terminal server? If so the old fashioned set oracle_sid syntax won't work. You can do the whole job using a tnsnames entry - however it is far more reliable to sit physically at the box. FWIW dbassist also won't work in a terminal server environment.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
Audit Commission UK