Re: MTS in real world?

From: Ronald <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: 14 Nov 2001 02:23:50 -0800

1443131_at_usenetplanet.com wrote in message news:<3bf126af.49203110_at_tornado.usenetplanet.com>...
> I have been in a number of companies, but have not been in a single
> place where Oracle database is configured with MTS mode. I have been
> told all along that MTS mode causes a lot of problems (even with
> Oracle's own Oracle Financial applications). Is this true? If so,
> what kind of problems have you experienced? Thank you in advance.

It depends on the versions you are using. Oracle is shifting more and more to shared servers as the default connection. In cluster databases it is very convenient to use MTS to enable serverbased load balancing. In case you shift from dedicated to shared servers, don't forget to increase the sga by an amount equal to the sum of the pga's.

Ronald.

http://ronr.nl/unix-dba
Benje een ervaren dba en wil je dit wel eens ergens anders laten zien, mail me dan. Received on Wed Nov 14 2001 - 04:23:50 CST