Re: Oracle Auditing

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 06:10:44 +1100

All true, but rather unnecessary since that sort of information is already recorded in the Redo Logs, of course.

And since things get logged in redo as part of normal database operations, there's zero overhead involved in generating the 'audit trail'.

Therefore, Log Miner (assuming Roland has version 8.1.x or above) is a useful auditing tool, without affecting performance unduly.

Of course, it won't audit operations which are performed 'nologging', but regular inserts, updates and deletes will be handled just fine.

Regards
HJR

--
Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com