Re: Oracle Auditing

From: Dale Shultz <dfs001_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Nov 2001 09:24:02 -0800

Hi Roland,

You can use row triggers to capture information such as which user is performing modifying the table, and before/after values of each of the columns. Oracle's documentation included a long discussion on the use of triggers in auditing.

I don't know if its possible to capture the exact SQL that was used to modify a table.

O'Reilly has a good book on this topic: "Oracle Security" by Theriault and Heney.