Re: Oracle slipping, anyone else feel the same way. SAP to take over?

From: mark <mark_brehmen_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Nov 2001 22:00:54 -0800

I assume you are referring to Oracle applications (11i) and NOT Oracle database.
(Well, SAP too has a little Database called SAP DB :-) )

Well, as far as 11i goes its a revolutionary product designed and developed for the internet. I think it has become very stable and good now. You only need some Java components and a internet browser to run oracle applications. I do not know SAP, but SAP may not be as teachnologically good as Oracle.
The early versions of 11i had some tiny problems. But now Oracle has released patchsets and 11i is a truly **great** product. I have not used 11i much, but i had seen and fiddled a bit with it. Its cool and its got a great interface

Cheers
Mark