Re: Problem installing Personal Oracle 8i on Win 98

From: Styoung <styoung_at_aol.com>
Date: 12 Nov 2001 02:17:20 GMT

Okay, I picked Custom Install rather than Typical. I unchecked the option for Oracle Database Configuration Assistant and the install went fine. After rebooting I tried to start Oracle up. I did the following:

1- to start the database select: start -> Oracle Home -> Database Administration -> start Database

I got an OSTART error box though: Cannot open registry Software\ORACLE\HOME0\SID_LIST Starting with default sid

I click ok and a Oracle8i Startup window appear with the text Checking Security in it. Then I get another box asking me for a password. I have done. How do I set it? Received on Sun Nov 11 2001 - 20:17:20 CST