abnormal exit from SQL*PLUS (Developer Vs DBA)

From: Vincent <vincent_thangaraj_at_cpr.satyam.com>
Date: 7 Nov 2001 00:58:41 -0800

Hi,
I used to face a unique problem while executing any sql scripts after logging into sqlplus. whatever sql script i execute seem to exit out of sql*plus without actually executing the script. Iam aware that if you put an "exit" command in the "glogin.sql", you'll exit out of sql*plus, but it happens only when you are logging into sql*plus. I know that this is a unique situation, but it seem to be the handiwork of some developers i used to work with in my previous company who are jealous because i being the DBA is on a higher scale than them. This is just a single instance that i have listed out. Iam quite sure that this problem was "engineered" because these people used to comment about "DBA's" being highly paid and they dont know **shit** etc...
I really had lots of problems in dealing with these people because my manager was a non-technical person who does not know any thing about Oracle and it was futile on my part to convince him that by not able to solve this problem does not mean iam a bad DBA. Kindly share your experience of working under an nontechnical BOSS.

Regards,
Vincent. Received on Wed Nov 07 2001 - 02:58:41 CST