Re: PLS-00417: unable to resolve <string> as a column

From: Ranga Chakravarthi <ranga_at_cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 21:30:57 GMT

how did you add the columns? if you used any other tool and created the column in lower case,
you might get the problem

alter table emp add ("test" varchar2(10));

SQL> desc emp

 ----------------------------------------- -------- -------------

 EMPNO                                     NOT NULL NUMBER(4)
 ENAME                                              VARCHAR2(10)
 JOB                                                VARCHAR2(9)
 MGR                                                NUMBER(4)
 HIREDATE                                           DATE
 SAL                                                NUMBER(7,2)
 COMM                                               NUMBER(7,2)
 DEPTNO                                             NUMBER(2)
 test                                               VARCHAR2(10)

SQL> update emp set test = ename;
update emp set test = ename

               *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00904: invalid column name

SQL> update emp set "test" = ename;

17 rows updated.

"Jim Poe" <jpoe_at_fulcrumit.com> wrote in message news:9s1lpi$87d_at_dispatch.concentric.net...
> We have just added two columns, AP_DUE_DAYS and AP_DUE_BASE, to an
existing
> table. I have a Delphi application that has explicit SQL to select,
update,
> and insert this table. I modified this SQL to add these two columns.
When
> I run my application and attempt to update the table I get the following
> error.
>
> AMS
-
> FIT Server Error
> Changes canceled
>
> ORA-06550: line 31, column 53:
> PLS-00417: unable to resolve "AP_DUE_BASE" as a column
> ORA-06550: line 28, column 1:
> PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored
-

> In OracleMonitor, this is the SQL sent to the database:
>
> BEGIN
> UPDATE PDCR SET RETAIL_TYPE=:RETAIL_TYPE,
> CTSY_TYPE=:CTSY_TYPE,
> CSIG_TYPE=:CSIG_TYPE,
> WHSL_TYPE=:WHSL_TYPE,
> PROSP_TYPE=:PROSP_TYPE,
> CMPT=:CMPT,
> PDCR_TERR_ID=:PDCR_TERR_ID,
> AGR_SEND_DT=:AGR_SEND_DT,
> AGR_RECV_DT=:AGR_RECV_DT,
> MERGE_TO_ID=:MERGE_TO_ID,
> MERGE_DT=:MERGE_DT,
> CTSY_FEE_FLAT=:CTSY_FEE_FLAT,
> CTSY_FEE_RATE=:CTSY_FEE_RATE,
> CSIG_FEE_FLAT=:CSIG_FEE_FLAT,
> CSIG_FEE_RATE=:CSIG_FEE_RATE,
> STATUS=:STATUS,
> AWC_STATUS=:AWC_STATUS,
> AND_STATUS=:AND_STATUS,
> INACTIVE_STATUS=:INACTIVE_STATUS,
> RAH_STATUS=:RAH_STATUS,
> RCO_STATUS=:RCO_STATUS,
> RDR_STATUS=:RDR_STATUS,
> RRO_STATUS=:RRO_STATUS,
> RML_STATUS=:RML_STATUS
> WHERE PDCR_ID=:PDCR_ID;
>
> UPDATE OFFICE SET NAME=:NAME, NAME_LEGAL=:NAME_LEGAL,
> ALPHA_CD=:ALPHA_CD, GRP_ID=:GRP_ID,
> WEB_URL=:WEB_URL, NOTE=EMPTY_CLOB(),
> HQ=:HQ, AP_DUE_DAYS=:AP_DUE_DAYS,
AP_DUE_BASE=:AP_DUE_BASE