PLS-00417: unable to resolve <string> as a column

From: Jim Poe <jpoe_at_fulcrumit.com>
Date: 03 Nov 2001 20:58:26 GMT

We have just added two columns, AP_DUE_DAYS and AP_DUE_BASE, to an existing table. I have a Delphi application that has explicit SQL to select, update, and insert this table. I modified this SQL to add these two columns. When I run my application and attempt to update the table I get the following error.

AMS

FIT Server Error

   Changes canceled

ORA-06550: line 31, column 53:
PLS-00417: unable to resolve "AP_DUE_BASE" as a column
ORA-06550: line 28, column 1:

PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored

In OracleMonitor, this is the SQL sent to the database:

BEGIN
UPDATE PDCR SET RETAIL_TYPE=:RETAIL_TYPE,

                CTSY_TYPE=:CTSY_TYPE,
                CSIG_TYPE=:CSIG_TYPE,
                WHSL_TYPE=:WHSL_TYPE,
                PROSP_TYPE=:PROSP_TYPE,
                CMPT=:CMPT,
                PDCR_TERR_ID=:PDCR_TERR_ID,
                AGR_SEND_DT=:AGR_SEND_DT,
                AGR_RECV_DT=:AGR_RECV_DT,
                MERGE_TO_ID=:MERGE_TO_ID,
                MERGE_DT=:MERGE_DT,
                CTSY_FEE_FLAT=:CTSY_FEE_FLAT,
                CTSY_FEE_RATE=:CTSY_FEE_RATE,
                CSIG_FEE_FLAT=:CSIG_FEE_FLAT,
                CSIG_FEE_RATE=:CSIG_FEE_RATE,
                STATUS=:STATUS,
                AWC_STATUS=:AWC_STATUS,
                AND_STATUS=:AND_STATUS,
                INACTIVE_STATUS=:INACTIVE_STATUS,
                RAH_STATUS=:RAH_STATUS,
                RCO_STATUS=:RCO_STATUS,
                RDR_STATUS=:RDR_STATUS,
                RRO_STATUS=:RRO_STATUS,
                RML_STATUS=:RML_STATUS
            WHERE PDCR_ID=:PDCR_ID;

UPDATE OFFICE SET NAME=:NAME, NAME_LEGAL=:NAME_LEGAL,
                  ALPHA_CD=:ALPHA_CD, GRP_ID=:GRP_ID,
                  WEB_URL=:WEB_URL, NOTE=EMPTY_CLOB(),
                  HQ=:HQ, AP_DUE_DAYS=:AP_DUE_DAYS, AP_DUE_BASE=:AP_DUE_BASE
              WHERE OFFICE_ID=:OFFICE_ID
              RETURNING NOTE INTO :NOTE;
END; The same application selects the column without complaint. The column exists in the OFFICE table. The column and bind variable is spelled correctly. If I remove AP_DUE_BASE from the update, it works correctly, even with the other new column, AP_DUE_DAYS. AP_DUE_BASE is CHAR(1).

I am stumped.

Thanks for any help.

--
Jim Poe (jpoe_at_fulcrumit.com)