Re: Network Appliance with Oracle?

From: Mike <mike_at_zerowait.com>
Date: 2 Nov 2001 14:44:04 -0800

Hi Jennifer:

Good Question! The safe answer before testing is that 'your mileage may vary'. When looking at a NAS or SAN solution remember that you must also be concerend with your network and not only your storage. Also, The Netapp 740 only goes up to about 1 TB raw. So you should really double check to see how much storage you need and what the file system and snapshot reserve is . You may have to go to an 800 series filer if you expect your storage requirements to go over 600 GB useable... (very rough estimate)

Good Luck!
Michael Linett - President
Zerowait Corp. 888.811.0808
High Availability Network Analysis & Engineering www.zerowait.com www.nas-san.com www.loadbalancing.net What Does High Availability Mean To You? Data Storage * Load Balancing * VPN