Re: Redhat vs Win2000

From: PenguinDBA <spaceboy_one_at_NOSPAMHOTmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 12:30:06 +0100

Depends on your IT department. If you already have Unix experience I would go for Linux, maybe a certified configuration from Compaq!?!? That way you have some level of support for Linux. Windows 2K is the simplest and fastest to deploy, but as we all know you cant guarantee uptime on that OS - But you can guarantee downtime.....
If we are talking mission critical I would go solaris on sparc architecture. It doesn't get any better....

That's my two cents.