HELP HELP:Solaris:tablespace strip lost, can't open database

From: Alvaro Fuentes <alvarof2_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 06:23:53 GMT

Fellow Oracler's:

I am running Oracle Enterprise Server 8.1.7 in a Solaris8 environment.

One of my hardrives in my SCSI array died and it contained one of the datafiles (raw device /dev/rdsk/c1t2d0s6) of my tablespace "temp".

The issue is: Is there a way to remove/delete this datafile of the tablespace WITHOUT opening the database?
(remember the database can only be mounted at this point).

I looked for the opposite of :

SQL> alter tablespace temp add datafile '/dev/rdsk/c1t2d0s6' ....

but there is not "remove or delete" in this syntax.

Is there another way to remove the lost strip?

Any clue about this problem will be greatly appreciated

  1. Fuentes afuentes_at_goodpremises.com
    (512)297-9937