Re: HELP HELP:Solaris:tablespace strip lost, can't open database

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 20:48:56 +1100

I'm sure this was only asked two days ago. Did you check google.com?

Anyway: in the mount state, you can do an 'alter database datafile 5 [or whatever is the appropriate number] offline; Then the database should open without hassle (alter database open). Then you can drop tablespace TEMP; and create a brand new one (there are other options at this point, but that's probably the easiest).

Don't take this the wrong way, either: but this is fairely basic backup and recovery technique, so you might want to check out the subject more fully ...see the "books" link at my site (link below). There's a Backup and Recovery guide there.

Regards
HJR

--

Oracle Resources : http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000