x$ksqst annomolies

From: Kyle Hailey <oraperf_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 05:08:13 GMT

Anyone out there using the ksqstwat column in x$ksqst? As I understand it this should be the waits on the locks. When I have two users cause a row lock, then this value increases for TX lock. Fine. The problem is for other locks. I was creating sequence cache contention, tracing the users with sql trace (event 10046 level 8) to get the wait events and the users are waiting on the SQ lock but the wait field, ksqstwat, in x$ksqst never gets incremented?

Best Wishes
Kyle Hailey
http://oraperf.sourceforge.net

oraperf.sourceforge.net