Re: x$ksqst annomolies

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:21:42 -0000

I think you'll find that a WAIT is only counted after a timeout has occurred; so if a process goes into an enqueue wait, and times out 12 times, acquiring the lock on the 13th iteration, then x$ksqst will show one wait.

Since a timeout occurs after about 3 seconds, it might be quite hard to engineer any change in ksqstwat for SQ enqueues.

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Host to The Co-Operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Author of:

Screen saver or Life saver: http://www.ud.com
Use spare CPU to assist in cancer research.

<3bde34e7.19314052_at_newsfeeds-goliath.1usenet.net>...

http://www.binaries.net