Re: Oracle versus MS Sql Server

From: Jeff <jeff_at_work.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 13:24:07 GMT

In article <9rb8dq$gkm$01$1_at_news.t-online.com>, "Michael G. Schneider" <mgs_at_mgs-software.de> wrote:

>Ok, I am not natively English speaking. Is there any English person reading
>this thread, who can either affirm or reject my impression that
>"administration" has nothing to do with "data modelling"?

I think you are wasting your efforts by taking "DBA" too literally, when you should be listening to what they are attempting to get across: that DBA's are more than database babysitters, burping tablespaces and such. ;-) DBA's are often (or should be) actively involved in an application's design phases BECAUSE they have that intimate Oracle knowledge that can help projects avoid the design mistakes that cause costly problems down the road... perhaps further down the road than your involvment, but obviously not theirs. Received on Fri Oct 26 2001 - 08:24:07 CDT