Re: Oracle Incremental Back Up

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 19:07:22 +1000

Oracle 9i has the 'merge' function (often called an 'upsert' -update if the record exists in database B, using values from database A. Otherwise, insert the record into database B using the record as stored in database A).

You mention no version (****please**** would people get into the habit of doing this ??!~?#*&@), so I don't know if that's appropriate to you or not.

Anything earlier than 9i, it can't be done, short of writing some very fancy code.

Regards
HJR

--

Oracle Resources : http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000