unable to feed SQLLLDR via named pipe

From: Nigel Campbell <Nigel.Campbell_at_cognos.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 12:22:00 -0400

Has anyone successfully got SQLLDR to source data on Windows via named pipes? I have not been able to get even the workaround technique in the ORACLE knowledge base to work with 8.1.7 or 9i on my Win2K SP2 box.

My process intends to be the pipe server and have the SQLLDR source from it

// Create the named pipe before launching SQL*Loader hPipe = CreateNamedPipe(
v_pipename,

PIPE_ACCESS_OUTBOUND | FILE_FLAG_WRITE_THROUGH,
PIPE_TYPE_BYTE | PIPE_READMODE_BYTE | PIPE_WAIT,
PIPE_UNLIMITED_INSTANCES,
BUFSIZE, // output buffer size

BUFSIZE, // input buffer size
100000, // client time-out
NULL); // no security attribute

SQL*Loader: Release 9.0.1.1.1 - Production on Tue Oct 23 12:14:44 2001

(c) Copyright 2001 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Control File: c:\temp\x.ctl

Data File: \\.\pipe\sqlload1.dat

File processing option string: "FIX 256"

Bad File: c:\temp\x.bad

Discard File: load.dsc

(Allow all discards)

Number to load: ALL

Number to skip: 0

Errors allowed: 50

Continuation: none specified

Path used: Direct

Table LDR_TEST, loaded from every logical record.

Insert option in effect for this table: TRUNCATE

Column Name Position Len Term Encl Datatype

A FIRST * , O(") CHARACTER B NEXT * , O(") CHARACTER C NEXT * , O(") CHARACTER D NEXT * , O(") CHARACTER SQL*Loader-500: Unable to open file (\\.\pipe\sqlload1.dat)

SQL*Loader-552: insufficient privilege to open file

SQL*Loader-509: System error: Access is denied. Received on Tue Oct 23 2001 - 11:22:00 CDT