Re: set fixed_date to roll on?

From: Fraser McCallum <fmcc_at_NOSPAModbaguru.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:48:15 +0100

Andrew,

Setting Oracles date into future was part of my Y2K testing so I can confirm it works and once set just carries on like normal. The Oracle instance doesn't refer back to the date on your OS except at start-up. Another way of changing your date is to change the date of the session that starts the Oracle instance before start-up. Keep in mind that this will only affect things that get there date from inside Oracle!

Hope this helps.

Fraser McCallum
MVP Oracle
www.brainbench.com