set fixed_date to roll on?

From: andrew_webby at hotmail <andrew_webby_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Oct 2001 06:25:13 -0700

Sigh

I'm asking this question under duress. I'm assured that it's possible to set the clock in an Oracle instance to a fixed date. And of course it is via 'alter system set fixed_date=' etc.

However, I'm also 'assured' that it's possible to set it in the future, and have it count on from there itself - which doesn't sound like a 'fixed_date' to me. Frankly I can't see it, short of scheduling a cron or dbms_job to keep rolling the time on every few minutes.

Can someone please vouch for that so I can wave it about?

Thanks

Andrew Received on Tue Oct 23 2001 - 08:25:13 CDT