Re: how to faster 100K records?

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: 22 Oct 2001 08:39:27 -0700

This is going to be difficult to respond to, since there is no information on Oracle version, operating system, database configuration, etc. My first guess is that your tables and indexes are on the same physical drive, a cardinal sin. Physically separating the indexes from the tables (that is, putting the index tablespace on one disk and the tables on another) will dramatically improve your query speed.

Feel free to email me privately and we can discuss this further.