Re: Advice on VMS/SAN/Oracle needed

From: Syltrem <syltrem_at_videotron.spammenot.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:45:46 -0400

As a rule, VMS will always support software certified for older versions. It's always been backward compatible and I would never be scared of upgrading VMS. There may be subtle changes from one version to another, and they may desupport old functions but they remain in the OS even when they are not documented anymore, and for many years. Of course it's always safer to test first but if you can't, don't loose sleep about this.

As with SAN, that should not be a problem. Actually, we have it here.

--

Syltrem
http://pages.infinit.net/syltrem (OpenVMS related web site - en français)

5ba5a045.0110220205.63d01a56_at_posting.google.com...