Re: Oracle versus MS Sql Server

From: TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:05:23 -0500

Hi Micheal,
I am not trying to be 'snotty' but Oracle is simply not that simple to set up...It is a large, complex and mutli-featured system that needs to be configured by an experienced user for it to be of any real value. If it is too complex then use something else or have a DBA set it up so you can concentrate on developing apps for it.. ( Note: If you have only one Oracle database server, forget Enterprise Manager altogether and use the client's DBAStudio tool in stand-alone mode to work with the Database..Or check out tools like TOAD..Enterprise manager is good ( sort of) for managing multiple remote Oracle instances, but I find it a pain to use..( Just my hang up..) )