Tools to read core Oracle controlfiles, redo log files and data files?

From: Tommy Svensson <tkman23_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Oct 2001 09:46:39 -0700

Hi!

I have stupid questions...

I like to know how I can read a Oracle controlfile, redo file or/and data file without having the Oracle database up and running. Does it exists any tool from Oracle or third party that can dig out information from oracle files (datafiles,controlfiles,redo log files)?

I am only interesting in tools, script or process to dig out the SCN and sequence number from datafile, controlfile and redo log files?

Ok, I understand that Oracle probably don't give out the spec for the data file etc, at least not for free. But haven't Oracle any tool where you for a give file can get out debug information about that file like SCN, sequence number etc?

I have been search on the net almost the whole day but haven't found anything yet... ;-(

Ok, you may wonder why I like to know this, but I am just curious.

The Oracle version I use is 7.3.4 running on Sparc Solaris.

Kind regards

//TOmmy Received on Wed Oct 17 2001 - 11:46:39 CDT