Re: Memory in Windows---is 256Mb RAM enough for Win2k?

From: Xiaobin Guan <xiaguan_at_nhgri.nih.gov>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:03:55 -0400

It should not be that bad.
It all depends on what you are going to do with it. If you only want to play around, you can play with the pfile so it won't use that much of memory. The default database creation will use > 100M, which can be configured for less than 10M. You can also just stop the service when you don't need to use it.
On the other hand, 512M to 1G of memory would be idea. I have both 8i, and 9i running on a win2k box, using about 650M of memory.

Xiaobin