Oracle 8.1.7, Import / Export, VNI-2015 Authentication Error

From: Michael G. Schneider <mgs_at_mgs-software.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 16:27:34 +0200

With Windows 2000, on the PDC, with Active Directory.

I just installed Oracle Enterprise 8.1.7 with all defaults. I created the repository. After some struggle I have been able to start Management Server. Now, if I enter a export/import job from DBA Studio, the job is handed over to Enterprise Manager, but it will always fail with "VNI-2015 authentication error".

I did read the FAQ, I did enter all suggestions and tips, as for example:

[1] As the "Prefered Credentials for the Database" I tried SYS, SYSTEM and
INTERNAL (AS SYSDBA).
[2] As the "Prefered Credential for the Node" I tried the domain admin.

[3] I gave the "run as a batch job" privilege.

I also read "Verify the logon credentials for the target Node and target service have been set correctly in the Preferred Credentials section of the EM Console.". I do understand what the Target Node is, but what is the Target Service? In the list of Prefered Credentials there also is the Listener. Do I have to enter anything for it? If so, what? I can only enter a password.

Any clues?

Michael G. Schneider Received on Tue Oct 16 2001 - 09:27:34 CDT