Oracle Reinstall - Perseverance - Sybrand

From: J. Fleck <fleckj__at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 22:18:29 +0200

It is weekend again. So I am trying to re-install Oracle again. Summary:
- System Win2K

I have tried to re-install, current situation:
- I clean-up the registry. Basically I delete all "Oracle" keys.

I run Oracle install:
- At the end of the the install phase(i.e. copying files) I get the message:

   -Access denied starting <Oracle home_agent>

Question?
- What is denying access. I am assuming (probably incorrectly) that due to a
system crash during the previous first succesful install there is a bit / boolean set in the Windows registry which says that an Oracle instance is already running. If that is the case how can I turn it off / delete it.

If my assumption is incorrect. What is the correct answer ?

Sorry Sybrand I put your name in the header of the post to attract your attention because I know that you always give expert advice.

Take care

Jim Fleck Received on Sat Oct 13 2001 - 15:18:29 CDT