Re: BLOB - Insert doesn't happen - no luck with isempty

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 13 Oct 2001 06:21:52 -0700

In article <d0588bbf.0110122102.4b2f1d6_at_posting.google.com>, nimeshmistry_at_yahoo.com says...

>Greetings.
>
>I'm trying to insert a image into Oracle 8i database. I've defined
>field type as BLOB and have tried various ways to insert an image into
>this field but no success.
>I also tried IsEmpty. With this the insert statement succeeds but the
>field is still empty, I do not get an image.
>
>Any answer is greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks!
>- Nimesh

what the heck is "isempty". Sounds like you are using some API in some language on some platform.

There are literally dozens of ways to do this -- and the way is different in java from vb from pro*c from oci from plsql.

Have you read the language specific guide for blobs on technet? http://technet.oracle.com/doc/oracle8i_816/appdev.816/index.htm

if you cannot figure it out from there -- make sure to include the relevant details of your environment -- in particular the language you are trying to code this in. Then maybe we can post an example for you.