Trigger does not work, Please Help

From: Wade Chy <wchy65_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Oct 2001 15:08:27 -0700

Hi All
I have two tables emp and worker. They are exactly same. The emp table is from oracle demo. I have created the worker table from all the data from the emp table. I have created a trigger to update the emp tables comm column whenever there is an update of non null value on workers tables comm column. The trigger is created successfully. But nothing happens when I update the worker.comm. The trigger doesnot fire and does not update the emp.comm. Heres the create trigger statement:

create or replace trigger scott.update_emp after update of comm on scott.worker
for each row
when (new.comm <> null)
begin
update scott.emp set emp.comm = 10
where emp.empno = :new.empno;
commit;
end;

When I created it, it was compiled successfully. But it doesnot do the job it is supposed to do. Please help.
Thank you in advance. Received on Fri Oct 12 2001 - 17:08:27 CDT