Oracle field saturated?

From: B MAC <gucciard_at_bay.uh.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 10:17:26 -0500

Hi,

As everybody knows, Oracle is, overall, the best Database Management software available today. This is the reason why many developers and DBAs choose to work with Oracle. I know there has been a good demand for Oracle experts, but do you forsee the possibility that this field will eventually saturate? Are there any new trends that, in your opinion, will put database jobs in in the USA in jeopardy? For instance, I heard that some companies are investing their money outside of the USA, in countries where the cost of life is a lot cheaper and IT professionals can be payed considerably less than their American counterparts.

Do you consider this treand to be a problem for database developers and DBAs in the United States? Do you think Oracle will remain as strong as it has been so far?

Any comments or suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks. Received on Tue Oct 09 2001 - 10:17:26 CDT